Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Uncovering gratitude

Lately, I've felt stretched thin...with so many responsibilities on my plate. Work. Parenting. Wife. Chef. Homeowner. Referee. Teacher. Therapist.

And I've found myself wishing I could escape the reality that is my life, at least for a few days.

It's not that I don't love my life. But I just feel an overwhelming desire to focus on me for more than an hour at a time when I workout.

When I saw my friend Britt's recent post about not feeling like enough, it resonated with me and I realized I needed to change my perspective.

I am blessed. Beyond measure. And I am grateful (beneath everything that has been burying my gratitude).

So that's why I've finally decided to take the leap...and tackle gratitude journaling.

It's a concept that isn't new, and Britt (and even Oprah) have been touting it for years. But I've always brushed it off as one of this kitschy ideas, thinking I know what is good in my life and can be thankful for what I have without having to write it down.

But I haven't been. And I want to change that.

My gratitude journaling will be a personal thing for me, with a gratitude jar tucked away in a private location just for me.

And I can't wait to see what blessings reveal themselves as I actively look for them.



No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...