Pages

Friday, April 04, 2014

Show us your...Paintings

Art has been an off and on part of my life since high school. Thanks to a gifted art teacher, Mr. Lowe, art was one of my favorite subjects. I loved the creative assignments he'd challenge us with, including this one watercolor that was inspired by my volleyball trip to China (as part of an international sports exchange team).


I dabbled in painting in college, enough so to earn an Art minor. This is one of my favorite oil paintings from that time...the oriental rug took me forever to get just right.



But then real life took over. Work. Marriage. Kids. And my desire to paint went by the wayside.

Through the years, I've been inspired by my children to break out my paintbrushes now and again to create something for them.



Recently, I've added one more piece to my art collection. This one crafted during a wine and canvas event with friends. While I would have painted it much differently if I were doing it on my own time, it was a fun experience and proved that my enjoyment of painting is still flourishing.


Here's hoping that 2014 is the year that I continue to add to my own art collection.

This post was inspired by my mastermind group of friends NaomiAnne and Jenny, who are all blogging today about the theme "Show us your..."

3 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW, Michelle. I had no idea. I assumed you were very talented, but your artwork blew me away. Amazing work! I can't wait to see what you create this year!

Naomi Hattaway @ naomihattaway.com said...

That oriental rug is amazing! Thrilled that you are getting back into it!

Unknown said...

You are brilliant! I had no idea you were such an artist. Thanks for sharing these!

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...